Role: Design Engineer
Location: Shannon, Co. Clare
Benefits: Excellent salary, Pension, Healthcare and yearly bonus.
Company: My client is a world class organisation focused on innovation, with manufacturing technologies that include injection molding, metal stamping, electroplating, high speed automated assembly and PCBA. They have extensive R&D capabilities with in-house product design, marketing, tooling design and build functions. We are a growing organisation and currently employ over 520 employees.
Role: As a Design Engineer you will get the opportunity to Design, develop and test new medical device products for my client's customers worldwide.
- As a Design Engineer you will be responsible for Medical Device client product modifications.
- Conception of new products based on customer and marketing requirements.
- Carries out product design as part of a multi-functional team.
- Responsible for the production of CAD models & component drawings.
- Carries out problem analysis using a variety of techniques.
- The Design Engineer has the authority to decide the basic product design to meet the customers product requirement needs with the support of the design team.
- Daily interaction with NPD Manager or Engineering Lead.
- Lead the design review process.
- Covers a broad range of product types and technologies as dictated by divisional product development roadmaps.
- Innovation in the approach to design and problem solving is encouraged
- Hons Degree in Mechanical/Biomedical Engineering or similar engineering discipline
- Minimum 2 years industrial experience in a Design position within a Medical Device company.
- Familiar with high volume production and assembly processes.
- Fully proficient in all aspects of CAD systems, DFMEA, FEA procedures
- Understands the importance of document control and engineering data administration in an ISO 13485 regulated environment.
- Willingness to travel to customers, suppliers etc as required
If you would like to know more about the position or would like to apply, forward your up to date CV and we can organise a call to discuss further.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
To find out more about Real please visit www.realstaffing.com
Real Staffing, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy| Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales