Job Title: Automation Engineer
Location: Durham, NC
Duration: 12 months
The ideal candidate must have knowledge of process manufacturing, field instrumentation, control system installation and implementation expertise in all of the following project phases: Requirements documentation, detailed design generation, implementation, system integration, testing and on-site startup.
- Planning and execution of Automation systems being implemented at Durham, NC facility.
- Develop process and building automation system strategic plans in conjunction with the Automation Program and Strategy Lead: Durham, NC.
- Provide technical input, guidance, and oversight for automation projects, including automation system design, control system hardware, equipment design, control panel design, and instrumentation start-up and troubleshooting.
- Develop bluebird bio automation capabilities, including development of technical standards, guidelines, and procedures in accordance with industry best practices.
- Contribute automation system design and integration, including hardware/software design specification development, user / functional requirement development, integration, and validation in conjunction with IT Computer Systems Validation & QA Validation leads.
- Aid in the develop P&IDs and loop descriptions for various processes, and/or equipment.
- Collaborate with Automation system service providers, contract resources and Instrument/Electrical technicians ensuring safe, compliant maintenance and project execution.
- Lead Automation issue identification and resolution, including all compliance aspects such as Deviation investigation, Change Control, Corrective and Preventative Action (CAPA).
- Provide technical support for troubleshooting, improving, or optimizing ongoing manufacturing operations, including being on-call for after-hours remote support.
- Support the design, configuration, implementation, administration, and maintenance activities of the sites manufacturing computer and automation systems, including process control systems, building automation systems, manufacturing execution systems, and data historians.
- Requires a BS/MS in Chemical, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering (or equivalent)
- Must have experience working in biotechnology company
- Strong understanding of GMPs and good engineering practice (GEP), including ISA S88, GAMP, ASTM E2500, ISPE guidance, etc.
- Ability to evaluate automation systems from a compliance perspective and ensure adherence to applicable standards (i.e. 21CFR Part 11, EU Annex 11)
- Troubleshooting experience, both hardware and software, at a 24x7 manufacturing cGMP operation.
- Understanding of programming languages used in automation such as ladder logic, function blocks, sequential function charts, and structured text.
- Experience with HMI/SCADA packages such as: Rockwell RSView, FactoryTalk
- Experience with Batch systems such as: Proficy Batch or RSBatch.
- Experience with PLCs such as: Rockwell, Siemens
- Experience in plant start up, equipment commissioning, and qualification is a plus.
- Experience in setting up system networks is a plus
- Experience in SQL is a plus
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.