Biosample Operations Specialist
A globally renowned pharmaceutical corporation is seeking to hire a Biosample Operations Specialist for a 12-month contract out of their New York City satellite location. This individual will be providing operational expertise to ensure the successful implementation of the Biosample strategy for a given molecule or clinical program.
The Biosample Operations Specialist will be responsible for: 1) To ensure the appropriate level of sample quality, defining corrective actions if necessary, and acting as a point of escalation for issues at the study and project levels. 2) Implement the Biosample sourcing strategy within given projects through partnership with key stakeholders involved in project and study delivery. 3) Accountable for project level oversight (from feasibility to study close) of laboratories/vendors and associated costs involved in biosampling activities and analyses.4) Leads cross-functional operations team meetings as required to ensure optimal delivery of project biosampling objectives. 5) Accountable for the accurate and timely forecasting and management of individual project and study variable costs related to bio-sampling, in collaboration with key stakeholders. 6) Partner with cross functional parties and external vendors to communicate and train on relevant processes which underpin the laboratory operating model.
Location: New York, NY
Duration: 12-month contract
Compensation: Hourly rate TBD
- Education: Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Life Sciences or relevant degree.
- Significant experience implementing clinical trials - required
- Extensive experience in leading and managing Biosample operational activities on a range of logistically complex multi-centre clinical studies, - preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of ICH GCP
- Clinical or biological laboratory experience with evidence of involvement in the processing and/or analysis of biological samples
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Proven ability to successfully achieve results within a multi-cultural and geographically diverse matrix environment
- Proven ability to influence effectively and confidently within a matrix environment
- Knowledge of legal and regulatory environment related to human specimen collection, analysis and retention
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.