Infrastructure Project Manager
- Type Contract
- Salary £400 - £500 per day +
- Location Skipton, North Yorkshire
- Sectors Project Management
Infrastructure Project Manager | Skipton Area | 6 Months Contract
A company based near Skipton are looking for an Infrastructure project manager to join their team, as they embark on one of their largest projects ever undertaken. The key focus will be to manage a complex migration of Active Directory and associated services to a new forest / domain structure, whilst ensuring that impact to business operations is minimised.
- Planning & project managing delivery of changes supporting the Active Directory structure.
- Developing excellent working relationships to enable effective collaboration with SMEs from European IT, Business Unit IT departments & wider communities to deliver project outputs.
- Operating at a senior level to communicate effectively with project stakeholders.
- Production & ongoing maintenance of project planning and control artefacts in line with a PRINCE2-based methodology, including but not limited to: Project Initiation Documents, RAID / Project Control Logs, Project Schedules and financial Business Cases.
- Maintain rigorous materials, eg, change control logs, as per agreed methodology to support compliance activities & IT best practices.
- Reporting of in-flight project status at an agreed frequency, including but not limited to Highlight Reports, Performance Metrics and Forecast vs Project Budget.
- Managing & reporting work-streams / sub-projects within the Active Directory project.
- Project communication using collaboration devices such as Sharepoint & Box.com & tools such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Project, Visio and Zoho.
- Effective Risk & Issue management, ensuring that relevant Risks & Issues are identified, categorised & escalated to the relevant stakeholders as required.
- Define project tasks and resource requirements.
- Manage project team members' deliverables & resource allocation.
- Manage the project opex & capex budget, reporting financial risks & opportunities as necessary.
- Ensure effective transition of project deliverables to "business as usual" operation.
- Project Management qualification at management / practitioner level, eg, PRINCE2; PMP
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- 5+ Years IT/Business Experience
- Demonstrable experience of successfully managing Active Directory migration and other infrastructure projects
- Very good working knowledge of applications such as Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Visio and Sharepoint
- Excellent negotiation and vendor management skills
- Must be organised, structured and able to multi-task
- Excellent attention to detail
- Flexibility to travel as required across the UK and Europe
- Delivery of pan-European / Global projects would be beneficial
If you are a Infrastructure project manager with active directory and migration experience and would be interested in knowing more about this role, then please respond with an up to date CV and I will be in touch.
To find out more about Real please visit www.realstaffing.com
Real Staffing, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy| Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales