Manufacturing Engineering Manager
- Type Permanent
- Salary US$110000 - US$130000 per annum + competitive
- Location Plymouth, Minnesota
- Sectors Operations
A top tier global medical device company located in Plymouth, MN is currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineering Manager to join their Manufacturing Engineering team.
General Job Overview: The manager would be responsible for his group along with working with his engineers to track projects. This individual would be working with maintenance group for on time PM execution. This individual would also be in charge of allocating resources for products at the critical stage.
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
- Manages and directs Engineers, Technicians and other technical resources by providing direction to employees according to established policies and management guidance.
- Monitors progress towards departmental goals. Monitors costs of projects and of human and material resources within the department.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, and training employees
- Responsible for appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems of direct reports.
- Responsible for assisting in career development planning for direct reports.
- Develops, monitors, corrects, & documents department processes.
- Responsible for specifying, acquiring and commissioning production equipment, tooling and fixtures in response to released product/process manufacturing support, process improvements, new part release, process cost reductions, production process equipment utilization and associated capital projects.
- Responsible for initiating product transfers between sites as required for capacity optimization.
- Bachelor Degree in Manufacturing, Industrial, or Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years of related work experience, preferably within the Medical Manufacturing industry or other regulated product manufacturing industry
- Experience with specifying, commissioning and supporting automated and semi-automated production equipment
- Experience working with equipment controls preferred
- Previous supervision or management experience
- Preferred experience with GMP and ISO 13485 standards
- Demonstrated project management ability to lead technical problem solving as well as continuous improvement projects.
Interview process for this position would involve telephone call with hiring manager and a final on site interview. If this is something that is interesting to you please send your resume or call me directly at 312-453-9077 and ask for Ben.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.