Product Design Engineer
- Type Contract
- Salary competitive
- Location Brooklyn Park, Minnesota
- Sectors Engineering
Their Products and/or Services:
- This company specializes in the design, development, and production of medical devices for minimally invasive diagnostic and interventional procedures.
- Our advanced catheter division is focused on next-generation solutions for the cardiovascular, structural heart, cardiac rhythm management, and vascular access markets.
- This companies core capabilities include design and engineering services, advanced components, and full contract manufacturing of finished devices.
- Roughly 200 at this site but more in Texas, Utah, and Rhode Island, and Costa Rica
Company Overview & USPs:
-Brand new facility in Brooklyn Park
-60% growth in last year
-Focus on balloon catheters
Project Summary in Manager's Words:
The current project they are working on involves medical balloon developing, blowing and bonding.
The process development team will scale the entire process in order to make more of the current product.
The balloon will be composed of a polyblend material.
Day to Day:
- Phase development and cycle project management
- Project management type skillset(Hands on leader, people person)
- 70% catheter work
- Ensure that all documentation, including drawings, sketches, calculations, records and test data are properly filed and maintained and to keep a full and comprehensive log book.
(If Design focused)
- Solid works experience
- Produce detailed drawings and assembly drawings, technical documents and reports as necessary.
- 5 technicians, 1 R&D operator lead/trainer, 2 Senior product development engineers, 1 design engineer, and 2 entry level engineers
- 5-10+ years' experience/senior level engineer
- Catheter experience: Cardiovascular systems, braided catheters, steerable catheters, retrieval devices, scoring catheter; delivery system
- Hands on leader/people person
- Engineering degree
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.