SCIENTIST FORMULATION DEVELOPMENT
Hours per week: 40
The Scientist is responsible for the complete trajectory of formulation development, including writing plans, managing the experimental work, analyzing the data and reporting the results in written and oral form. The individual creates Intellectual Property with an enterprise-wide mindset and participates in project teams and other forums where formulation expertise is required.
* Provides translation of scientific goals into actions to accomplish the targets or project needs
* Designs experiments to reach these project targets. Accountable for accompanying documentation such as Study Plans and Study Reports.
* Adheres to timelines for performing experiments, and aligns with technicians
* Participates in DPD sub-teams, ensuring alignment with project needs through Technical Integrator
* is accountable for proper recording of information and collection of the data and for review of experimental results
* Discusses problems and presents plans and data in the Science Meeting. Presents regularly during the Journal Club. Pro-active intellectual participation in DPD science meetings, fully engaged
* ensures the availability of materials and equipment to perform experiments and justifies the purchase of new materials and equipment
* Provides training and coaching of trainees and assistant/associate scientists
* optionally: line responsibility for assistant/associate scientists. Ensures safe and pleasant work environment with sufficient personal development. Empowers people to act with speed, agility, and accountability
* Challenges the status-quo; leads and adapts to change
* Value creation. Is responsible for innovation, conception of new ideas. Creates Intellectual Property. Is insight-driven to uncover unmet needs. Is able to write scientific publications and patents
* Presents on scientific meetings, conferences and courses (internal and external)
* Complies to EHS and GRP-standards and has solid JnJ Credo awareness acting accordingly
Education: PhD in a relevant discipline, like (medical) biology, pharmaceutical sciences or (bio) chemistry
Familiarity with (vaccine) formulation development, adjuvants, container-closure systems and stability studies is a prerequisite, as is a working knowledge of assays and quality systems, like GMP.
Minimal 1-3 years industry experience
Are you the new Scientist? Apply now online or to speak to Michelle Smit via 020 522 15 88 or m.smit[a]realstaffing.com