A medical device company are currently looking for a Senior Sourcing Specialist to join their Galway site on a Permanent basis.
Developing and executing optimal Procurement & Sourcing strategies through the selection, development and management of supplier relationships. Drive procurement/supplier initiatives to meet overall supply requirements whilst implementing sustainable cost reduction & service improvements.
- Develop and lead the implemented of Procurement & Sourcing Strategies, resulting in a strong supply base that continuously creates a sustainable competitive advantage.
- Develop Annual Sourcing Business Plans that will reflect year-over-year cost reductions, quality enhancements and overall continuous improvement.
- Provides strategic influence while building value-adding relationships with key suppliers and internal customer groups by applying advanced knowledge of purchasing principles, practices, tools and technology.
- Develop, implement and manage processes for supply-related problem resolution.
- Is instrumental in the development of all Commodity Strategies for assigned Sub-Commodities and Suppliers within Plastic, Resin & Chemicals & Packaging Commodity.
- Identifies and works closely with Supplier Engineering, Supplier Qualility Engineering, Sire Ops Purchasing, individuals from other divisions/plants as well as wider the Global Sourcing Organisation to identify and execute Value Improvement & Cost Reduction opportunities.
- Optimize the sourcing and procurement processes. They will benchmark best practices externally & internally and apply Lean concepts, supported by analytics, to design and implement optimally effective processes.
- Reviews, assesses and maintains a base line costing model for the key spend items in each commodity that is aligned with the strategic direction of the function or commodity and continually identifies and refreshes the model based on market dynamics.
- Supports the creation, approval, and implementation of new company-wide policies. Works with Management to implement trending, monitoring and enforcement mechanisms.
- Identifies, implements, and supports enabling technologies throughout the entire requisition to payment process.
- Leads contract negotiations, contract management, and vendor management activities such as strategic reviews and site visits.
- Introduces new technology, new materials and/or new suppliers to BSC. Identifies "best in class" suppliers.
- Conduct Strategic Business Reviews with Key suppliers
- Evaluate in-sourcing / outsourcing opportunities.
- Optimize the number of suppliers on the AVL
- Identify opportunities to mitigate or reduce against risk in the supply chain.
Experience & Educational Requirements
- Minimum of 6 years Procurement (Sourcing) and Supplier Relationship Management Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Hetac Level 8 degree in relevant field.
To find out more about Real please visit www.realstaffing.com
Real Staffing, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy| Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales