I am currently recruiting for a growing and innovative medical device start up focused on optical imaging. Leading the software development team, you will be responsible for taking the products from feasibility stage to product development. The role will primarily be focused on design and architecture due to the nature of being a start-up but the ideal candidate will have the desire and ability to do hands on software development as well.
- Contract-Hire - 6-12 months initially with the ability to convert
- Starting ASAP
- Location: East Bay
- Experience in Qt user interface and development on embedded linux.
- You must be excited by the opportunity to design and produce a medical product to the market at a very quick pace.
- 10+ years of software design and development experience
- Extensive knowledge of objected oriented design in a multi-threaded application
- Extensive experience in embedded systems, including RTOS and low-level hardware interfaces such as PCIe, I2C, SPI, WiFi-Direct, MIPI-CSI2
- Effective communicator of technical concepts
- OpenGL expertise with resource optimization
- Development of projects using the Qt/QML application framework
- Language Proficiencies: C++ (11) and Python
- Extensive experience using SW version-control (github, cvs, etc.) and bug tracking tools
Nice to haves:
- Linux Kernel development experience
- Hands-on experience with V4L2 devices
- Understanding of optics and photography
- Yocto / Open Embedded experience
- Knowledge of debugging and profiling tools such as GDB and perf
- Knowledge of networking concepts with IEEE 802.11
- Device security hardening knowledge
- Nvidia CUDA integration and memory management on Jetson embedded platform
- Prior experience with designing software state machines and over-the-air SW update infrastructure, a major plus
- Medical device industry experience, a major plus
- Experience with AWS cloud computing, a major plus
- Experience with mobile application development (Android, iOS, web app), a major plus
If this role is of interest to you or any friends/colleagues please get in touch with your latest CV!
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.