- Type Contract
- Salary competitive
- Location Leiden, South Holland
- Sectors IT
Currently I am looking for a System Engineer for a big pharmaceutical company in Leiden. The company is a multinational organisation and the complexity of the systems make it a fascinating and challenging place to work in. I am looking for someone who is keen to operate in such an environment and has a can-do attitude and mentality.
Project/Department Description and responsibilities:
- Information Technology Shared Services;
- Infrastructure Division;
Primary Tasks and responsibilities:
- 3rd Line support (troubleshooting, incident management, debugging);
- Design & deploy solutions;
- Project related site deployment and integration;
- Integrate solutions together with other application teams;
- Executing planned maintenance (security patching, operating system and tooling upgrades);
- Screening of operating companies for possible consolidations;
- Performance monitoring & tuning;
- Improvement and extension of operational stability;
- Creation and improvements of operational guidelines, implementation guidelines and QA documentation;
- Disaster recovery design & support
In particular, systems to be supported include the following:
- Java based, custom made application, created by external vendor.
- Main tasks: advice when changes are required. Download and publish new versions using FTP, Tomcat Apache, Toad or SQL+ (for executing scripts). Use ClearQuest for change control.
- Provide technical assessments on change requests to IT systems.
- Support users in Sharepoint environment (intranet is also SP based). Create and maintain forms with SP/Infopath. Create sites on Intranet and handle user administration.
- Digital Signage
- Support digital signage users from technical side and help business owner with technical information and advice on changes to the system. Current software FourWinds Interactive. Possible future software Display Star.
Maintain applications and servers in CMDB
Handle change requests and keep information up to date. Create new entries and enter change requests on server or application information. Request new servers when required by business. Provide second line support for applications registered in the CMDB as Technical Application Owner. Some applications require active communication with the vendor and the database and network support teams from GTS. Also communicate with business owners on providing downtime windows for patching of servers and databases.
Experience & Skills:
- Relevant work experience
- Windows Certified
- English required, Dutch is a plus
Are you interested in this position and do you want to apply for this opportunity? Please do not hesitate to contact the consultant about this, Niek van Alfen: at 020 522 1588 or at n.vanalfen[at]realstaffing.com.