Trade Compliance Specialist
- Type Permanent
- Salary competitive
- Location Eindhoven, North Brabant
- Sectors Operations
My great client in the Medical Devices industry is looking for a Trade Complince Specialist in the Eindhoven Area.
The Trade Compliance Specialist works with the EMEA Trade Compliance and Logistics teams for timely Customs clearances and export movements. Participates in global initiatives to improve compliance with global import and export regulations. Supports the EMEA (Europe and Middle East) region as subject matter expert for trade compliance. Key countries include TR, NO, CH, NL, GB, IR, AE.
* Support process improvement initiatives focused on trade compliance
* Identify opportunities for trade compliance process improvements and support projects to implement same
* Act as SME and key point of contact for NL import entries
* Working within SAP GTS, provide broker instructions for Customs clearance
* Classify products for import and export (HTC and ECN)
* Participate on cross functional and Supply Chain teams as Trade Compliance SME
* Report KPIs for trade compliance operational activities
* Identify and report to management any potential violations of trade compliance regulations and implement process improvements to mitigate risk
* Support internal, external, and government-directed trade compliance audits
* Ensure compliance with Company and Safety policies and procedures
* Prepare and present reports as directed
* Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the company's discretion.
Listed responsibilities are an essential, but not exhaustive list, of the usual duties associated with the position. Changes to individual responsibilities may occur due to business needs.
* 4 + years import / export experience with large MNC.
* Excellent knowledge of global trade compliance regulations and requirements including US EAR, EU Dual Use, HTS, Valuation and Origin determination
* Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel experience required
* Firm understanding of Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement principles
* Experience in SAP ERP
* Familiarity and understanding of Export Management Systems, preferred SAP GTS
* Previous experience in Life Sciences organization with focus on diagnostics and regulatory clearances (US FDA and similar) a plus
* Ability to exercise sound judgement within established guidelines
* Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in written format in English
* Willing to work as necessary to achieve defined goals and objectives
* Willing & able to travel internationally if required
All listed requirements are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
* Requires Bachelor's in Logistics or Global Trade Compliance
* Freight Forwarding / Customs Brokerage experience a plus
Are you the new Trade Compliance Specialist? Let Jesse Hendriks know as soon as you can! j.hendriks#realstaffing.com or =31 (0)20 522 1588.