The Employee Relations Specialist (ER Specialist) is responsible for managing Employee Relations cases for designated workforce group(s). Management of Employee Relations includes, but is not limited to assistance with complex employment policy interpretation, workforce grievances, advice of management on discipline. They are responsible for using standard tools, processes and guidelines to research/investigate concerns, to identify policy violations and evaluate findings to ensure appropriate actions are consistently administered. They operate as a steward for the company, escalating matters of concern as necessary to ensure that the interest of the company is protected. The ER specialist manages assigned cases to ensure appropriate resolution of service requests within defined time periods, levels of accuracy and quality standards and customer satisfaction levels. They treat the workforce with dignity and respect, maintaining high levels of confidentiality, trust and integrity in the handling of sensitive matters. They adhere to established standards and guideline.
* Respond to Employee Relations requests from customers (prioritizing as appropriate) and executes on the key tasks and activities in accordance with defined procedures and guidelines.
* Develop and manage investigation plans (assignment of proper resources; identification of witnesses and key individuals; method, order and timing of interviews; identification of evidence to gather, maintaining contact with case owner, manager and key stakeholders.
* Identify relevant policies and practices to determining whether violation of policies or practices occurred
* Assist with the development of performance improvement plans (PIP) and Corrective Action steps; Review to determine if suitable, reasonable, measurable and actionable
* Handle requests from client legal team for gathering information for responding to legal claims, attorney letters, agency charges, lawsuits etc. related to ER cases.
* Provide insights and intelligence with respect to trends and opportunities
* Communicate and interact effectively with customers and team members ; develop credibility and trust relationships with customers, supervisors, and team members.
* Interact and interface with customers, vendors, service providers, and other third parties as applicable in relation to the activities and dependencies.
* Investigate issue areas and determine methods of mitigation in order to resolve problems within acceptable timeframes, routing or escalating inquiries as appropriate in order to achieve effective and timely resolution.
* Contribute to scheduled and ad hoc training in order to improve performance and promote continuous learning
* * Assist and encourage users / customers to make effective use of self-service options, systems, products, services, etc. in order to drive rapid resolution and empower customers; educate and inform customers of the full range of services available to them.
* Contribute positively to a knowledge sharing environment by documenting and sharing all relevant working experiences for knowledge database future reference.
* Comply with documentation and retention guidelines
* Identify areas for improvement on daily operational processes and provide support to implement these initiatives by highlighting and discussing key changes/improvement programs with the Cluster Employee Relations Lead.
* Maintain complete and accurate documentation in accordance with guidelines on a timely manner, complying with the Service Level Agreements
* Take ownership of all assigned tasks, initiatives, and inquiries and make sure that they are resolved / completed efficiently and with a superior level of quality.
* Attend to and process customer inquiries and request by applying Employee Relations standard operating procedures and utilizing problem solving skills for resolution.
Bachelor's level education, preferably in related field
* 6+ years HR experience with a concentration in Employee Relations, Labor Relations, and HR Generalist experience researching, investigating, and addressing employee misconduct and below job performance standards; providing guidance to management
* Knowledge of Employment Relations practices
* HR Domain experience as an HR Generalist / HR Business Partner
* Experience in diagnosing, isolating, and resolving complex issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
* Detail-oriented (especially with regard to effectively managing employee relations issues and investigations)
* Ability to Influence without authority
* Enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment
* Relationship management, coaching and collaboration skills.
* Negotiation and consultative skills
* Strong interpersonal, consultative and facilitation skills.
* Strong communication skills;
* Strong MS office and related talent management technology tools skills
Apply via s.kolks(at)realstaffing.com or via 020 522 1588
Stefanie Kolks | Real Life Sciences